black logo

Sun Can Logo

Province Nominee Program BC PNP

Super Visa for Parents or

The Super Visa is a temporary resident visa that allows eligible parents or grandparents to meet their children or grandchildren in Canada. This visa grants multiple entries into Canada for up to 10 years. The key feature of this visa is that your parents or grandparents can stay with you for 5 years at a time. In case the parents or grandparents wish to stay for a period of less than six months, they should apply for a visitor visa.

What is the difference between Multiple Entry Visa and Super Visa (SV)? (

In case of a multiple entry visa, one can stay in Canada for a maximum of six months only in a single trip. In case of SV, the parent or grandparent can stay in Canada for a duration of 5 years per visit.

Who can apply for parents/grandparents SV

To be eligible , the parents/grandparents must:

  • be parent or grandparents of a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident
  • apply for the visa from their side and not their child or grandchild.
  • not include your dependent children
  •  be made from outside Canada
  •  allowed to enter Canada and must be in good health
  • convince an immigration officer of strong ties with the home country
  • prove intent to leave at the end of your approved duration
Required Documents
The list of documents required will be specific to your case. The general requirement is as:

1. Proof of Relationship

2. Have a signed letter from your child or grandchild who invites you to Canada that includes:

  • a promise of financial support for the length of your visit
  • the list and number of people in the household of this person
  • a copy of this person’s Canadian citizenship or permanent resident document

3. Have a medical insurance from a Canadian insurance company that is:

  • valid for at least 1 year from the date of entry
  • at least $100,000 coverage
  • have proof that the medical insurance has been paid (quotes not accepted)

4. Financial support (proof of funds)- Minimum Income Requirement (2022)
The children or the grandchildren need to show that they meet the Minimum Necessary Income (MNI)
required to invite their parents or grandparents to Canada. The MNI is a factor of the number of people
in the household, including those they intend to invite. The latest income
requirement basis the number of people in the household is as below:

Low Income Cut-Off (LICO)
Size of Family Unit Minimum necessary gross income
1 person (your child or grandchild) $25,921
2 person $32,270
3 person $39,672
4 person $48,167
5 person $54,630
6 person $61,613
7 person $68,598
More than 7 persons, for each additional person, add $6,985
The child or grandchild need to provide income related documents as proofs in this.
5. Fulfil requirement of undergoing medical exam from IRCC approved practitioners

Frequently Asked Questions

Deprecated: Function _register_controls is deprecated since version 3.1.0! Use Elementor\Controls_Stack::register_controls() instead. in /home/u106989999/domains/ on line 6078

What is the difference between the parent and grandparent super visa and the 10-year multiple entry visa?

The prime difference between a super visa and a 10-year multiple entry visa is based on the duration of stay allowed in each. A person with a super visa can come to Canada multiple times during the validity of the visa, and each trip can last up to 2 years at a time. In contrast, those with a 10-year multiple entry visa are allowed to stay only for up to 6 months per visit.

Who is eligible for a parent/grandparent super visa?

The parent or grandparents of a Permanent Resident in Canada or a Canadian citizen are eligible to apply for a super visa. They need to fulfill all the necessary requirements for a super visa. The dependent children of your parents/grandparents are not eligible for a super visa. The children can apply for other visa options if they wish to come to Canada.

Can a holder of a super visa apply for a Permanent Residency in Canada?

The super visa holder can stay in Canada as a temporary resident. They are allowed to stay in Canada for a maximum of two years per visit. If they wish to become a permanent resident of Canada, their children or grandchildren need to sponsor them under the parent grandparent program (PGP). Get in touch with our experts to know which is the best option for your parents or grandparents

Can I apply for Super Visa from within Canada?

We Can Make It Happen
For You

Ready to bring your parents/grandparents to Canada?